11th International Conference of the Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA)
Dr. Nasimolo during poster Presentation
Dr. Johnson Nasimolo, RISE-AFNNET fellow was invited and awarded a travel grant by the SONA/IBRO to present his research entitled: "Erythrina Abyssinica amelioriates Neuroinflammation in African Trypanosomiasis mouse model” at the 11th SONA International Conference in Rabat Morocco, from 13th-18th June 2013.
Dr. Nasimolo arriving at the Gala Dinner at the Horse Club
News and events
Rise Afnnet Conference on 15th - 18th June 2016 at Mash park Hotel Nairobi
RISE Competitive Fund for Graduates : Phase IICall for Concept proposals for the new Competitive Fund for RISE PhD Graduates. Deadline for Application is 17th December ,2015.
15th October 2015.
Carnegie Fund for Conference Attendance (CFCA) Partners,
Call for Application
2nd call for applications to the Carnegie Fund for Conference Attendance (CFCA). Applications with a deadline to submit materials to IIE by October 30, 2015. We have an updated FAQ sheet, application form, recommendation forms (I & II), and budget form (SEE LATEST NEWS);
- Dr. Irene Kamanja graduated on 29th August 2014 with PhD in Pharmocology and Toxicology and Dr. Ronald O.Onzago and Dr. Zachary M. Rukenya Graduated on the same day with Msc in Natural Products and Bioprospecting.
- Dr. Ronald O.Onzago and Dr. Zachary M. Rukenya attended 48th Annual Scientific Conference on 23rd to 26th April 2014 at Boma Inn Hotel , Eldoret. The them of the conference is "Improving Veterinary Governance and Service Delivery in a Devolved system for Sustainable Development".
- Andrea Johnson, Program officer on higher Education in Africa at Carnegie Foundation of New York visited UON node on 2nd April 2014 and held a three hour session with the RISEAFNNET students
- Dr.Zachary Rukenya Rise Afnnet fellow presented his paper on 'Current challanges and approaches to managment of antimicrobial drug resistance at scientific veterinary symposium at Kampala Uganda on 13th December 2013.Read More.....
- Dr.Johnson Nasimolo & Ms. Clare Njoki Rise Afnnet Fellows graduate in a colour ceremony at University of Nairobi on 6th December 2013.
- Dr.Catherine Kaluwa, Dr. Dominic Ochwangi, Dr. James Kuria and Ms. Karambu Muriithi attended the15th Symposium of the Natural Products Chemistry Research Network for Eastern and Central Africa (NAPRECA) from 3rd -10th December, 2013 at Khartom Sudan.
- RISE Annual Meeting was held in Aloe Ridge Hotel Johannesburg, South Africa October 25-26, 2013.
- Dr.Johnson Nasimolo attended the 1st OHCEA One Health Conference on 23rd -26th September 2013, held in Hilton Hotel in Addis Ababa,Ethiopia. Read More
- Dr.Catherine Kaluwa and Dr.Johnson Nasimolo attended the 19th International Scientific Conference on Basic and Clinical Research for inproved Health on 11th-13th 2013 in Southern Sun,Mayfair,Nairobi,Kenya.
- Ms.Karambu Mureithi, a Rise Afnnet Fellow graduates with MSc. from University of Nairobi.
- Ms. Karambu Muriithi, RISE-AFNNET fellow presented her research paper at Indigenous Plant Forum 2013 Conference
- RISE AFNNET PostDoc Fellow, Dr. Joseph Nguta attends the 2nd International Conference on Pathogens at the Human-Animal Interphase, Brazil
- Dr. Johnson Nasimolo, RISE-AFNNET fellow at the 11th SONA International Conference in Rabat Morocco.
- Dr Zachary Rukenya and Dr Ronald Okindo, RISE-AFNNET fellows attended and presented papers
- The RISE AFNNET Workshop Nairobi Node was successfully held at KCB Karen on 26th and 27th October 2012.
- RISE AFNNET WORKSHOP: Nairobi Node